Head : Sarah DUDUYER
The NE service upholds and develops the necessary skills to oversee the construction, modernisation and development of scientific vessels and their onboard equipment.
- liaising with the scientific community and GENAVIR, it participates in the definition of requirements phase, in writing functional specifications and feasibility studies and in exploring national and international partnerships for project launches,
- it manages the project, undertakes definition studies, writes technical specifications, handles bids for tender, manages contracts, coordinates trials at sea and transfers the vessel and its equipment to GENAVIR.
The service helps to determine the policy for development of Fleet equipment by analysing, in liaison with GENAVIR, the requirements of the national scientific community. It helps General Management with patrimonial management of the fleet (vessels and submarine devices).
Its responsibility covers the entire vessel and the global integration of equipment, particularly:
- laboratories and technical and scientific premises,
- below-hull accommodation,
- winches, cables and gear,
- equipment for navigation and controlling the vessel,
- scientific equipment,
- onboard mobile equipment, particularly seismic,
- onboard IT equipment and networks,
- systems for transmitting data to land.
It participates in:
- the definition and onboard implementation of procedures for use of operational equipment, particularly the regular calibration necessary to obtain qualified data,
- overseeing and managing configuration of onboard equipment,
- the policy for development of equipment.
Head - Marine engineering - mechanical
Telecommunications - SDIV+
Scientific equipment - Electronics
Yann LE FUR
IT - Network
Seismics - Scientific equipment
Réseaux - Informatique
Telecommunications - ADELIE