Ifremer offers post-doctoral research positions to young French or foreign scientists who have completed their PhD and wish to pursue their career in research, development and innovation in various fields of marine sciences : technology, aquaculture, fisheries, environment, risk analysis, physical oceanography, etc.
Post-doctoral research positions are contracted for a duration of 12 months, renewable up to 18 months.
Interested applicants should send :
- a handwritten letter including the specific skills and knowledge for the particular post-doctoral position they are interested in,
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- a summary of previous work, mentioning the date of their PhD defence,
- a list of publications and communications / symposia,
- two letters of recommendation.
These documents should be mailed or e-mailed to the contact scientists whose names appear in the list of post-doctoral subjects.
The deadline for applications is 9 September 2017.
Complementary information can be obtained from the scientific contacts listed next to the post-doctoral subjects. The criteria for selection are the following:
- the curriculum vitae of the candidate must show the accordance of the candidate’s skills and experience with the proposed post-doctoral subject.
- the candidate must be under 35 years old on 31 December 2016.
- the candidate must not have previously performed post-doctoral research in Ifremer.
- the candidate must have spent a majority of their PhD thesis in another institute.
The list of proposed post-doctoral subjects can be downloaded here :
Post-doctoral research positions will begin on the 1st of November 2017.