Staffed by highly specialised personnel, the department delivers innovative solutions and is ideally set up to conduct multidisciplinary projects with private businesses and public research structures, thanks to a full range of skills assembled on a single site.
Institut Carnot Edrome, the department in charge of deep-sea physical resources and ecosystems, runs collaborative research programmes with involvement in the following phases:
- Scientific and technical review of proposals,
- Socio-economic advantages,
- Canvassing of partners and/or sponsors,
- Preparation of technical and financial proposals,
- Conduct of research and supply of deliverables,
- Scientific and economic viability.
The department also provides the following services:
- Expert appraisal,
- Provision of testing facilities.
Commercial viability/knowledge and technology transfer
The department also transfers some of its products to interested companies that are able to make them commercially viable.