After the first edition at the University of Bordeaux in 2018, the next annual Gas Hydrate Days of the GdR2026 "Hydrates de gaz" will be organized by Ifremer from 9-11 September in Brest at the “Pôle Numérique Brest-Iroise” conference centre.
This symposium will bring together experimental scientists and theorists from the whole community and will be an opportunity to exchange on the latest work and results of both fundamental and applied interest. Sessions will be dedicated to the major scientific and technological clusters of the GdR, namely molecular sciences and thermodynamics, process engineering, geosciences as well as astrophysics and planetology.
The scientific topics for discussion will cover all « hydrate » issues, such as:
- Hydrate-substratum interactions,
- Gas hydrate cage occupancy,
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics,
- Formation on boundary conditions.
The scientific programme will include invited lectures from European research groups and industry, oral presentations and posters. A detailed programme will be provided at a later date.
The symposium will start on 9 September at 13.30 and end on 11 September at 12.00.
The 12 and 13 September will be devoted to pupils of primary and secondary schools of the department of Finistère, for an initiation to the sciences in connection with hydrates and geosciences
Registration for these days is free for doctoral students, postdocs and academic researchers. The accommodation of students and young post-doctoral researchers will be supported by the GdR.
Industrialists can also register by choosing between two levels of participation: simple or sponsoring.
To participate, please refer to the form below:
To submit a contribution: deadline 28 June
To register: deadline 19 July
- Livio Ruffine, Hélène Ondréas, Marie-Odile Lamirault-Gall, Alison Chalm, Olivia Fandino, Nabil Sultan (Ifremer-Centre de Bretagne, REM/ GM) ;
- Arnaud Desmedt, Audrey Bourgeois, Karine Ndiaye, (Institut des Sciences Moléculaires UMR5255 CNRS - Univ. Bordeaux) ;
- Daniel Broseta (Laboratoire des Fluides Complexes et leurs Réservoirs – UPPA).
Scientific committee: GdR steering committee.