Ifremer offers funding for post-doctoral research positions.
For the year 2022, Ifremer offers a dozen of post-doctoral contracts for a period of 18 months to researchers proposing innovative projects that are consistent with the three main themes below:
- The postdoctoral fellowship is only allocated for the candidate's salary.
- The financial requirements linked to the research proposition must be taken from the Departments/Units/Laboratory budget.
- The gross salary is around 34200 euros/year, and it could be more important if you have post-doctoral experiences after your PhD
The eligibility conditions are presented below
- Candidates must not have been previously employed as doctoral or post-doctoral researcher in an Ifremer research unit nor in a joint research unit involving Ifremer. (The joint research units are the following: MARBEC, LEMAR, LOPS, AMURE, LMEE, LEEISA, IHPE, ENTROPIE, EIO)
- This call is open to applicants of any nationality whose current research experience (PhD or post-doctoral contract) is being carried out in a laboratory outside of mainland France (French overseas not included). People currently working in mainland France are thus not eligible (ATER positions included).
- Candidates must have their PhD defense after December, 2016.
Evaluation criteria are the following ones
- Relevance to Ifremer’s strategy.
- Scientific or technological quality of the project.
- Innovative aspect of the subject and/or added value to Ifremer in terms of new skills.
- Expected value of the project in terms of economic or industrial development.
- Project’s relevance to the host research unit.
The required documents to submit an application are
- The 2022
- For your convenience, a is provided to summarize the documents that are expected in addition to the application form
Application forms must be sent in electronic format to the Scientific Direction of Ifremer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by monday, January 24, 2022, at the latest. Contracts will begin after April 1st, 2022. The forms must be typed and sent as one single PDF file by email. We recommend contacting the Ifremer research unit most relevant to your proposal. Incomplete applications, applications submitted after deadline or those not meeting the eligibility criteria will be disregarded.
The starting date of the post-doctoral contract will be determined in concertation with the head of research unit and the human resources department of Ifremer.
Documents may be downloaded below: