Ifremer offers funding for post-doctoral research positions.
For the year 2021, Ifremer offers a dozen post-doctoral contracts for a period of 18 months to researchers proposing innovative projects that are consistent with the three main themes below:
- Protect and restore the ocean.
- Sustainably use marine resources to benefit society.
- Create and share ocean data, information & knowledge.
For more information about the themes, see.
The postdoctoral fellowship is only allocated for the candidate's salary. The financial requirements linked to the research proposition must be taken from the Departments/Units/Laboratory budget.
The gross salary is around 34200 euros/year, and it could be more important if you have post-doctoral experiences after your PhD
The eligibility conditions are presented below:
- Candidates must not have been previously employed as doctoral or post-doctoral researcher in an Ifremer research unit nor in a joint research unit involving Ifremer. (The joint research units are the following: MARBEC, LEMAR, LOPS, AMURE, LMEE, LEEISA, IHPE, ENTROPIE, EIO).
- This call is open to applicants of any nationality whose last research experience (PhD or post-doctoral contract) has been carried out in a laboratory outside of France. You cannot apply if you are currently carrying out your research in a French research laboratory.
- Candidates must have their Ph.D. defense after December 2015.
Evaluation criteria are the following ones:
- Relevance to Ifremer’s strategy.
- Scientific or technological quality of the project.
- Innovative aspect of the subject and/or added value to Ifremer in terms of new skills.
- Expected value of the project in terms of economic or industrial development.
- Project’s relevance to the host research unit.
The required documents to submit an application are:
- For your convenience, a is provided to summarize the documents that are expected in addition to the application form.
Application forms must be sent in electronic format to the Scientific Direction of Ifremer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the 19th of January, 2021 at the latest. Contracts will begin after the 1st of April, 2021. The form must be typed and sent as one single PDF file by email. We recommend contacting the Ifremer research unit most relevant to your proposal. Incomplete applications, applications submitted after the deadline or those not meeting the eligibility criteria will be disregarded.
The starting date of the post-doctoral contract will be determined in concertation with the head of research unit and the human resources department of Ifremer.
Documents may be downloaded below:
For more information, please contact email@example.com (copy to firstname.lastname@example.org).