16th DSBS conference will be organized as a hybrid meeting, combining an onsite meeting for delegates who can travel (up to 350 persons), with full access online for those who cannot, while aiming to promote as much interactions as possible between the two types of delegates.
The 16h DSBS will be held online and onsite in Brest. However, due to the global pandemic situation, we must ensure the safety of delegates traveling and meeting at the conference.
In consequence, if the meeting should switch to a full online meeting, delegates will be proposed to change their registration from onsite to online. In this case, the difference in the registration fee will be reimbursed.
The current situation in France requires that, starting on August 1st, a health pass will be mandatory for events including more than 50 people (https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus – the English version of the website is unfortunately not up to date). This means that to be able to access the conference, every participant must show a proof of full vaccination (2 shots; >15 days since the second shot) or present the proof of a negative PCR test (<48 hours). If a valid health pass cannot be shown by participants, access to the conference will be refused.
Negative PCR tests have to be renewed every second day to be valid (<48 hours). Tests can be organized in local pharmacies in Brest at your own costs (49 EUR per test). Due to these logistic constraints, we strongly recommend that you get vaccinated as soon as possible if you can. However:
- If vaccination is not possible for you and you are planning to present negative PCR tests to access the conference, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to help you organize testing.
- If you rather would like to change your registration from onsite to online, please let us know before the 25th of July. In this case, a refund of 50% of the expenses incurred minus the price of the online participation will be issued.
As the situation might still evolve before the conference, we advise you to follow the recommendations below and make sure you have a:
- repatriation insurance (Ifremer will not take in charge repatriation costs)
- health insurance to cover pandemic
- refundable ticket which can also be changed
We will of course keep you updated of evolution regarding the conference program and proposed solutions.
Safety measures in Océanopolis:
- mask must be worn indoors, even when seated
- hand sanitiser dispensers are available at the entrance
- respect of a physical distancing at all times
- systematic cleaning of microphones between each use
To stay informed about the symposium, please do not hesitate to: