What is it for?
In fisheries and aquaculture sectors, Ifremer works on marine product/co-product knowledge and their processing in order to find new food and nutritional application.
The main research concerns :
As such Ifremer contributes to the development of innovating processes, preservation techniques and characterization analytic methods related to the industrial sector.How it works?
Ifremer offers the following facilities :
- Testing hall of food processing technology dedicated to preservation and processing techniques for sea food products and co-products ;
- Filting and trimming room annexed to the technology hall.
Equipment and platform :
- Platforms for molecular biology, chemistry/biochemistry, food microbiology, sensory analyses.
- Pilot plant for co-product processing by soft technologies.
- Pilot plant of fish pulp processing (equipped with a bi-screw extruder), of smoking, thermical treatment of sea food products.
These developments are based on a pluridisciplinary approach including the study of innovating processes and quality of the products obtained. They integrate as well research on different sensors (mainly acoustics) offering a continuous quality control of food products.
Scientific partnerships with Universities and Engineer schools, European associations (WEFTA)...
Sector partnerships with :
- The professional organizations: CITPPM, CNC, CIPA, fisheries.
- The technical centres and the French technique organization (OFIMER).
- The industrials.
Ifremer offers its services for testings, analyses and process studies.
These are detailed in the dedicated presentations of this domain.