The 5th Trans Atlantic Fisheries Technology Conference (TAFT) is a joint meeting of the West European Fish Technologists Association (WEFTA), the Atlantic Fisheries Technology Conference (AFTC) and the Seafood Science and Technology Society of the Americas (SST).
This year’s conference will include the customary arrangement of technical sessions based on abstract submissions and invited presentations addressing a variety of current issues as listed below, and a dedicated session to industries.
The meeting is open to academic expertise, government agencies, commercial & industrialist interests and students.
It will take place 12-15 October 2015, at La Cité Centre des Congrès de Nantes, Nantes Events Center, 5 rue de Valmy, France.
Strategy session: from industry to research
- Consumer behavior, nutritional value and functional foods
- Bio-economy of aquatic resources
- Aquaculture and new aquatic resources
- Seafood processing – incidence on quality and safety
- Innovative methods for characterization of seafood products and contaminants
This session will offer a platform where industry and research will diversify their cross-sectorial knowledge, develop and strengthen their partnership and build new opportunities in seafood, marine ingredients, marine cosmetics, aquafeed...