French-japanese Symposium Kinki Ifremer 2010
How minimizing the footprint of aquaculture and fisheries on the ecosystem ?
Centre de Recherche Halieutique Méditerranéenne et Tropicale (CRH) - Sète, France.
Wednesday 1st September 2010 to Friday 3rd September 2010
Oral and poster presentations.
Symposium e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
See the publications page
***** ***** *****
In the framework of the Global center of Excellence (GCOE), the "Fisheries Institute and graduation school of Fisheries sciences" of Kinki University (Osaka, Japan) and Ifremer (Institut Français de Recherche pour l'Exploitation de la Mer) Fishery resources "Département Halieutique Méditerranéenne et Tropicale" of Sète, have the pleasure to announce the first joint Scientific Symposium that will be held in Sète in September 2010.
Download the Meeting Information and Agenda in pdf format :
> Submission of the registration form: 20th August 2010
> Submission of extended abstract: 8th September 2010
The Symposium will bring together fishing industry, researchers as well as students, to share knowledge, experience and solutions to the challenges experienced in interaction of aquaculture and fisheries on the ecosystem. The major objectives of the symposium are to :
- present current knowledge on disciplines related to the theme of the symposium in Japan and Mediterranean countries ;
- provide a forum for discussion and exchange of information and experiences.
All interested authors are invited to submit abstracts on the proposed themes listed below. Authors may also submit abstracts on other topics relevant to the wider field of coastal and marine science. The main themes are :
- Interaction between aquaculture, fisheries and ecosystem : biology, technology, economic and social implications and challenges ;
- Mitigating measures and technology for sustainable fishing and aquaculture activities ;
- Integration of Fisheries and Aquaculture industries into planning and management : conservation initiatives and governance systems.
Mitigating measures, fishing and aquaculture technology, alternative harvesting methods, switching gears, artificial reefs, restricted fishing areas, multidisciplinary approach, good practices, feed manufacturing, fish welfare, fish health, biology, physiology, behaviour, conservation, ecology, ecosystem, governance, coastal management...
During the Symposium, two competitions will be organized. These are "Best Student Poster" competition and "Best Student Oral" competition.
Winners of these competitions will be awarded special prizes.
Registration before 20th August 2010 online is required here by filling the following form :
The Symposium Scientific Committee has decided to cancel the registration fee. It will be free of charge for all the participants.
The official language of the symposium will be English.
Hidemi Kumai : Kinki University
- France : Jacques Sacchi (Ifremer) : Centre de Recherche Halieutique (CRH), Méditerranéenne et Tropicale. B.P. 171 Avenue Jean Monnet , 34203 Sète, France. Tél. : +33 (0)4 99 57 32 45 ; E-mail : email@example.com
- Japan : Professor Takeshi Yamane (Kinki University) Nakamachi 3327 -204 Nara 631-8505, Japan. Tél. : +81 742 43 62 85. Fax: +81 (0)742 43 13 16. E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org