People finder
Keywords : people, finder
You are at :
Home>Ifremer careers>Trainings>Scientist or engineer
Keywords : becoming, scientist, engineer

Becoming a scientist or engineer


- Scientific baccalauréat, University degree (e.g., biology, geology or geophysics) and PhD in an oceanographic subject, or a Master 2, e.g., Maritime law at Brest, Exploitation of coastal living resources at Caen…
- Scientific baccalauréat, engineering school with two years prior preparation: Polytechnique, Agro, School of Mines, Ecole Normal or Ecole Superieur in relevant subjects...
- Baccalauréat+2 years, e.g., European Masters in Aquaculture Management at Creufop Montpellier (continuing education).

Specialisations in Oceanography

These only exist from the "maîtrise" (graduate) level, or as a final year option in some engineering schools (ENSTA, Ecole centrale, ESIM...).
For example, The University of Western Brittany (UBO) in Brest has oceanography courses at maîtrise, DEA and PhD levels.

Links to Universities offering disciplines related to the sea

- University of Toulon and Var
- Centre d'Océanologie de Marseille
- University of Bordeaux I
- University of Paris VI / Pierre and Marie Curie
- European Institute of Marine Studies (IUEM) Brest

Links to Engineering Schools

- Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Techniques Avancées (ENSTA) in Paris
- Centrale Marseille (EGIM)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes
- Institut des Sciences de l'Ingénieur de Toulon et du Var (ISITV)
- Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences Center, Agrocampus Ouest in Rennes